Here’s my take on a barley salad. Ideally, you would want to use fresh parsley, but I only had dried. I use this recipe, so I thought I would share it. Please tweak it to your liking.
- T = Tablespoon
- C = Cup
- Olive oil – 1/4 C
- Honey – 2 T
- Barley(uncooked) – 1 C
- Parsley(dried) – 1 T
- Black Beans – 1 can
- Carrot(finely chopped) – 1 C
- Lemon Juice – 6 T
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Onion(finely chopped) – 1/2 C
- Cook barely.
- Put cooked barely into the refrigerator until it’s cold.
- Mix barley with the olive oil, lemon juice, and honey.
- Mix in parsley.
- Rinse the canned black beans to get rid of excess juices.
- Mix in black beans, onion, carrot, cucumber, and tomato.