Here are a few of my goals for 2018. I’m sharing these goals to help keep myself accountable. I will be adding notes to these items as I complete them.
- Start New Job
- Reach 3000 items sold(sell 1146+ as of 1.12) in my main Etsy shop
- Reach 500 items sold(sell 488+ as of 1.12) in my secondary Etsy shop
- Read 12+ books – at least a book a month
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most – currently reading (1.29)
- How To Talk To Anyone
- 4-Hour Chef
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
- Brain Rules (Updated and Expanded): 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
- Ego Is the Enemy
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Exposed and Explained by the World’s Two
- The Paradox of Choice
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
- Ego Is the Enemy
- Tools of Titans
- Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World
- Getting Past No: Negotiating in Difficult Situations
- Mindwise: How We Understand What Others Think, Believe, Feel, and Want
- Deeper knowledge of the ins and outs of WordPress and the Gutenberg editor
- Deeper knowledge of PHP
- Deeper knowledge of MySQL
- Learn Python
- Meet up with friends 12+ times (at least once a month) (Forrest 1.27)
- Go on a trip within the United States with my family outside of Maine (details to come)
- Go on a trip outside of the United States with my family (details to come)
- Visit these places in Maine with my family:
- Acadia National Park – 3 hrs away
- Casco Bay Islands – 1+ hrs away
- Kancamagus Highway – 1+ hr away – took a trip here along here on 12.20
- Marginal Way – Ogunquit, ME – 1.5 hrs away
- Vinalhaven, Maine – 3 hrs away
- Quoddy Head State Park – Lubec, ME – 4 hrs away
- Cutler Coast Public Reserved Land – Cutler, ME – 4 hrs away
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens – Boothbay, ME – 1.5 hrs away
- Two Lights State Park – Cape Elizabeth, ME – 1 hr away
- Table Rock Trail – near Newry, ME – 1 hr away
- Tumbledown Mountain – Franklin, ME – 1.5 hrs away
- Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park – Bristol, ME – 2 hrs away
- Monhegan Island – 2+ hrs away via ferry
- Gulf Hagas – 3.5 hrs away
- Moxie Falls – The Forks – 2.5 hrs away
- Mt. Kineo – Piscataquis, ME – 4 hrs away
- Mt. Megunticook – Camden, ME – 2 hrs away
- Baxter State Park – Milinocket, ME – 5.5 hrs away
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway – 6.5 hrs away
- JET Video – Portland, ME – 1 hr away
- Visit 5+ of the places on this list of unusual attractions
- Betty and Barney Hill Memorial – visited on 12.20
- Other Books I’m Reading:
- Chyna: If They Only Knew (autobiography) – Finished on 1.3. Learning about peoples different paths in life I find captivating. I picked this book up at Artios Books – such a gem. I’m not into wrestling by any means, but it’s interesting learning about that industry through someone’s life perspective. I feel for Joan(Chyna). I have the feeling she was tormented her entire life by her past. Knowing that she died from the use of alcohol and prescription drugs give me a reason to believe this to be true. As a parent, this solidifies my thoughts on the effect you can have on your children. For better or for worse.
- Civil Disobedience and Other Essays (Dover Thrift Editions) by Henry David Thoreau – Started on 12.28.
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Drink 40,150 ounces of water – this averages out to 110 ounces a day which is my daily water intake goal.
- 1095 sit-ups – starting small – trying to build a habit.
- 365 push-ups – starting small – trying to build a habit.
- Meditate 365 times – here are some of the meditations that I use.
- Journal 300 times – As of 2.4, I have 23 entries.
- Create a usable style guide for Moss Brook church.
- Create a document outlining my target audience in detail.
- Blog 52 times – about something that will possibly benefit someone in my target audience.
- Open up and sell at least 100 items through my personal online shop.
- Create a solid plan(pricing, dimensions, materials, etc..) for building our future house.
- Learn basic electrical wiring systems.
Using SMART criteria for setting my goals:
Specific – target a specific area for improvement.
Measurable – quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress.
Assignable – specify who will do it.
Realistic – state what results can realistically be achieved, given available resources.
Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved.